About us Agranimo uses climate analysis and plant science to support climate adaptation and smart…
Agranimo uses climate analysis and plant science to support climate adaptation and smart land use in the fruit and vegetable industry. We collect data from micro-climate sensors (some of which we manufacture ourselves) and existing field data and forecasts, to provide decision support to farm managers, exporters and importers, food producers and retailers. Through our expertise and Agranimo’s digital platform, we offer our customers data-driven decision-making support in the areas of irrigation management, pest/disease management, and yield forecasting.
We are a dynamic and fast-growing company based in Berlin, currently operating in Germany, Chile and South Africa. Behind Agranimo is a culturally diverse team with different educational and professional backgrounds, constantly exploring the best ways to create useful products, and enjoying our professional journey together. We offer a friendly, flexible and collaborative work environment.
We are excited about climate smart agriculture and ecosystem accounting and are fully committed to changing our food system towards more sustainable production and efficient supply chains. As a data-driven company, we constantly thrive for the best scientific insights and have our own R&D farm in Chile and are opening another location in Germany this year.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our team in Berlin, Germany.
- You have 4+ years of data engineering experience. Proven track record of building reliable data platforms on modern technology
- Good understanding of the distributed data processing. You have advanced knowledge of SQL or NoSQL databases
- Experience with AWS Data Services, Airflow and Python as the main programming language
- Proven experience in an agile development environment (Scrum)
- Experience with test automation, continuous delivery, ensuring high data quality across multiple datasets
- Experience in leading the technical architecture of a data project as well as mentoring junior developers
- Fluency in English is a must
Extras (non-compulsory but beneficial skills)
- Created automated / scalable infrastructure and pipelines in the past
- Prior experience in GDPR and Cybersecurity
- Experience in AgTech industry
We actively encourage applicants from all backgrounds, ethnicities, and communities, as we value the positive impact of such diversity on our team!
If you are interested in joining us, please send your CV to [email protected]